Blue Plaque for James Viscount Bryce

Blue Plaque for James Viscount Bryce
Unveiling the plaque to James Viscount Bryce at 13 Chichester Street, Belfast on Friday 10 May 2013

Thursday 2 June 2011

Adding photos to the Blog

I wanted to add photos of all the plaques, tagged with information with their location. Also to identify the occupation or calling of the those named on the plaques. After a lot of hacking about I found that Flickr was ideal for the job. It makes uploading files easy and had all the tools for the job. A nice touch is that the size of the tag names is dictated by the number of files with that tag - the more files, the larger the type size. Its great for the multiple grouping of files.

Another feature is the ability to pin the plaques to a their specific locations on a map. This will take some time to complete.

As well as photos of the plaques, I uploaded a number of photographs of the unveiling events. So far I haven't tagged these but I will when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment